Regional University Programs

Art/ Dance-Movement/ Drama/ Music/ Poetry therapists are professionals who have completed programs offering degrees or specialization in their respective modality.  Some disciplines, such as Art Therapy, require a graduate degree to practice and provide an undergraduate art therapy degree as preparation for ongoing studies. Other disciplines, such as Music Therapy,  allow practice with an undergraduate degree while also providing opportunities for graduate studies. Doctoral studies are also a possibility in several of the fields.

Please review the following links to find art therapy schools and music therapy schools that are located within the SW Pennsylvania region.  Nationally, programs in each modality can be found via the web page of their respective national professional association (search via the National Resources link of this website)

Carlow University :
Art Therapy Preparation – undergraduate art therapy degree

Duquesne University :
Music Therapy – undergraduate music therapy degree

Edinboro University:
Counseling with emphasis in Art Therapy – graduate degree

Seton Hill University:
Art Therapy with a Specialization in Counseling – graduate degree

Art Therapy Preparation– undergraduate art therapy degree
Music Therapy – undergraduate music therapy degree

Slippery Rock University: 
Music Therapy – undergraduate music therapy degree

  • Our Mission

    Express Yourself!

  • Therapist Resources: Job search, Credentialing, Continuing Ed, Supervision

  • Express Yourself!

    Drawing, completed by a child, of their view of the relationship with their therapist.