Licensing/Certification process

Art/ Dance-Movement/ Drama/ Music/ Poetry therapists are professionals who have completed programs offering degrees or specialization in their respective modality. More information can be found via the National Resources and University Programs links on this website.

Training also allows for a certification option as the therapist gains experience and supervision post-graduation. Information on the certification process can be found at:

Art Therapy Credentials Board (ATCB)

Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT)

Dance/Movement Therapy Certification Board (DMTCB) 

Individuals with at least a Master’s degree also have the option to become licensed. The state of Pennsylvania provides an option for individuals with graduate level training in one of the Creative Arts Therapies to become a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). State licensing is overseen by the Pennsylvania State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors where information can be obtained in regards to becoming an LPC with creative arts therapy training. The board provides information and a newsletter which details important information including “Questions, answers on supervised clinical experience requirements for Licensed Professional Counselors”     Read more…….



(Comments are closed)
  • Our Mission

    Express Yourself!

  • Therapist Resources: Job search, Credentialing, Continuing Ed, Supervision

  • Express Yourself!

    Drawing, completed by a child, of their view of the relationship with their therapist.