Therapist Resources: Job search, Credentialing, Continuing Ed, Supervision
Pittsburgh Association for the Arts in Education and Therapy (PAAET)
Opportunities to earn CEU’s or to build competencies through trainings: Please note this list is by no means exhaustive of professional continuing education opportunities being offered in the region, but is meant to be an overview of resources that may of particular interest to the creative arts therapies.
1) American Counseling Association: members can take online trainings and also earn CEU’s by reading the ACA journals and completing a short questionnaire. www.counseling.org
2) American Art Therapy Association: Online trainings offered through the Institute for Continuing Education in Art Therapy. Accessed via the “Education” link of the AATA home page. Also http://arttherapy.trainingcampus.net/
3) CEU Associates: www.cecassoc.com
4) PD Resources: www.pdresources.org
5) NetCE: 1-800-232-4238 www.NetCE.com
6) Elite Continuing Education: 1-866-653-2119 www.elitecme.com
1) Seton Hill University: Offers periodic Art Therapy conferences
2) Greater Pittsburgh Counseling Association: see their Facebook page
3) Pennsylvania Counseling Association: www.pacounseling.org Fall conference offered each year in State College, PA-that’s really only a couple of hours from Pittsburgh and a one day drive (though a long day).
4) Buckeye Art Therapy Association: www.buckeyearttherapy.org This is the Ohio Art Therapy group (state chapter of AATA) but their trainings are often offered in Ohio cities not too far from Pittsburgh.
5) Delaware Valley Art Therapy Association: www.dvata.org This is the PA state AATA chapter, whose wrk primarily focuses on the Philadelphia region,but some of their trainings and conferences are hosted in areas closer to the central part of the state.
6) Expressive Therapies Summit – www.summit.expressivemedia.org offered several times a year in New York City and Washington DC area, but included here because focuses on multimodal workshops inclusive of all creative arts therapies and expressive approaches, all within a days drive from Pittsburgh.
7) Mid-Atlantic Region of the Music Therapy Association – www.mar-amta.org website lists continuing ed opportunities available within driving distance
8) Expressive Media Inc. – www.expressivemedia.org Offers training films.
9) S’Eclairer- Export, PA based counseling center that offers a range of clinical trainings. Many though not all focus on DBT. www.seclairer.com
10) WPIC offers a full series of trainings through their Regional Mental Health Training Series. Coordinated by the Office of Education and Regional Programming. www.wpic.pitt.edu/oerp
11) Local Play Therapy Association – trainings announced via PA Play Therapy Association at www.paapt.org
12) Pittsburgh Psychoanalytic Center – www.pghpsa.org
13) Mental Health America of Allegheny County – offers a Professional Education Series on a periodic basis www.mhaac.net
14) Center for Victims offers a series of professional trainings through their Dialogue and Resolution Center www.cvvc.org
15) Intensive Trauma Therapy Training Institute – www.traumatherapy.us
16) Indiana University of PA : Mid-Atlantic Addiction research and Training Institute summer school http://www.iup.edu/marti/conference/default.aspx
17) Pittsburgh Action Against Rape – www.paar.net offers periodic professional training, often focusing on trauma therapy.
18) Gestalt Institute of Pittsburgh – www.gestaltpittsburgh.org
19) Pittsburgh Society of Jungian Analysts – www.pittsburghjungiananalysts.org
20) St. Joseph Spirituality Center- Baden, PA. www.stjospeh-baden.org click on “spirituality and prayer” link to find programming. Offer workshops for mental health professionals which focus on the integration of spirituality . Often co-sponsor with WPIC and Univ of Pitt School of Social Work.
21) Indiana University of PA (IUP) Center for Creativity and Change contact the Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) , 724-357-3807 to get on email list or check: http://www.iup.edu/counseling/centers/default.aspx Note: Trainings are often offered at IUP satellite locations such as in Monroeville.
22) Mercy Behavioral Health – www.mercybehavioral.org
23) Greater Pittsburgh Psychological Association – http://www.gppaonline.org
1) Premier Education Solutions: www.pesi.com
2) Institute for Natural Resources: www.inrseminars.com
3) Leadership Seminars: www.leadershipseminars.org
4) Cross Country Education: www.crosscountryeducation.com
5) Institute for Brain Potential: www.ibpceu.com
6) J & K Seminars www.jkseminars.com
7) Health Ed: www.health-ed.com